Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Blog!

I'm just starting a whole bunch of new projects with the new year.  How exciting!

Here's the story.  I was thinking about this blog and how oftentimes I feel as though I have nothing new to say.  What general writing advice I offer can be found on a million other websites, all of which I greatly admire.  And those websites are written by literary agents, editors, published authors who know the business.  Compared to them, what do I know?

Actually, it turns out I know something pretty unique, at least when it comes to writing blogs:  how to be a writer in college.  Now that's something I consider myself expert on.

As a full-time student, I know it's difficult to find time to write.  Yet at the same time, there's so much inspiration on and off campus, not to mention great opportunities like fiction and poetry classes, writing groups, literary magazines, etc. that it's a shame to push writing from your mind for four years.  There are a ton of ways to incorporate it into your life while also maintaining good study habits and a rocking social life, and that's what I know how to do.

Today I launched Dorm Room Writers, a writing blog for college students, by college students.  Right now, it's still in infancy (I made it about three hours ago), but I'm hoping to collaborate with other student writers in order to make it a success.  If you know any college students, professors, or even high schoolers starting to look at schools, please refer them to the site!  Not in college anymore?  That's fine, too!  Stop by, check it out, follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment