Thursday, June 27, 2013

Where in the World Have I Been?

Spain, Italy, Morocco, Switzerland, Turkey, Ireland, the U.K., France, Greece.  Lots and lots of places.

After about six months of being abroad, my plane touched down in Philadelphia on Wednesday afternoon.

It's like that feeling you get right after you finish a wonderful book:  you set it on your lap and stare blankly at the cover, letting it all sink in.  The characters, the setting, the plot.  The end.  You can't really do anything.  You simply sit there, thinking.

My time abroad was without a doubt the greatest experience of my life.  A story, most definitely, filled with humor, suspense, a touch of romance, and a whole lot of adventure.

One day I will write about it.  Short stories, poems, maybe a novel.  My writer's notebook is filled with ideas collected from this place and that, and someday, I'll give them definition.  For now, though, I'm still in a daze.

It's going to take me awhile to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment