Sunday, December 9, 2012

Happy (Belated) Time Traveler Day

Happy Time Traveler Day?  (Well, I guess it's a little belated, since it's now past midnight...)  Anyway, according to my wonderful in-the-know friend, December 8th is Time Traveler Day.  Which is freakin' awesome.

I love the idea of time travel.  If I could have any superpower, I would choose that one, hands down.  No flying, no invisibility, no telepathy, but time travel.  I tend to have a write of stories based on time travel.  At least three, and I won't be surprised if more crop up.  Like a lot of writers, I write stories that I would want to live, and I would love to journey into the past.

The first place I would go?  That's really difficult, but I'd probably choose Paris in the 1920s (basically I'd like to be Owen Wilson in Midnight in Paris).  The '20s seem like they were a lot of fun, not to mention I'd love to hang out with Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Eliot, and the like (especially Hemingway).  I'd also like to see regency-era Brazil (obviously. My fascination with Brazil is pretty apparent in my previous posts), Jamaica in the latter half of the 17th century, and Boston/Philadelphia/Williamsburg during the American Revolution.

Back to writing:  my favorite book that involves time travel is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  I love that book for a lot of reasons (namely, Sirius Black, Lupin, and an abundance of Snape), but the part with the time turner is wonderful.

Your turn:  Do you have a favorite book/movie that involves time travel?  If you could visit any time period, which would you choose and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment