Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Birthday Books!

Another photo of His Holiness (I actually took this one):

His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama on October 10th,  2012.
I was lucky enough to attend a special Q & A session with His Holiness directly after his speech to a much larger audience.  It was a much more personal, laid-back experience, and it was awesome.

It was also my birthday.  Unfortunately I didn't get any birthday blessings from the Dalai Lama, but I did get books.  Lots and lots of books, which is fantastic.


These five, as well as Stephen King's On Writing, Cassandra Clare's City of Bones, and Dodie Smith's I Capture the Castle.  Quite a varied collection.  I already finished Stardust (and for the first time in my life, I thought the movie was much better), and now I'm debating what to read next.  Hmm...I recently finished J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy, which was phenomenal, but so gritty that I'm not yet ready to reenter the real world.  So, I think I'm going to go with Smith's I Capture the Castle.

I love new books.

No comments:

Post a Comment